Do not be conformed to this…. (digital) world… but be transformed by the renewing of your…. (unplugged, Christlike) mind. —-Romans 12:2
So be careful how you live (in this digital world). Don’t live like fools (checking email every hour), but live like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly…. (by your postings on Facebook), but understand what the Lord wants you to do. –Ephesians 5:15
Now some of you are thinking….hey man, that’s not what scripture says….you’re messing with the text!
- Will you forgive me if I did it for effect? So let me ask you this:
- How many times per day do you check email?
- How much time do you spend on Facebook per day?
- How many times per day do you tweet?
- Would you rather text someone or call them?
- How much time do you spend looking at pornography? Or maybe you’re not looking at things that the world would consider pornographic, but they are things that are not healthy and will eventually lead you down that road.
So really the big question for today’s show is: Have you ever stopped and considered how technology is shaping you and your relationships? If we want to learn how to be pure and undefiled from the world, then we certainly want to exam our use of technology.
Dr. Hart is the author of thirty books and is senior professor of psychology and dean emeritus at Fuller Theological Seminary. He is well known for his ministry to churches through training, and education.
Dr. Sylvia Hart Freed has a master’s degree specializing in Christian Counseling with a Doctorate of Ministry in Leadership… specializing in spiritual formation and Internet addiction.